In this episode, Lorie and I will be discussing about how easy it is to build a website nowadays (fact: in our WordPress workshop, we actually build a site in more or less 90 minutes!). And with a little guidance and of course, and the will to learn—you can do so as well.
So, do you want to know more about how you can build and control your own website? Lets hop into the podcast…
What’s In-Store for You:
Let me cut to the point: You can build your own website. And take note: You don’t need to have a web designer or a programmer to make that possible.
Unfortunately, many people just don’t believe that. Many seem to have pre-conceived notions about building websites that they tend to veer away from such undertaking and just simply find people to build it for them.
Now, although it’s not bad to get professionals to do the job for you—you need to remember that there are certain advantages to doing your site yourself.
One such advantage is freedom…
If you build or transform your website yourself—you get to customize or personalize it according to your own liking. If there are certain things you don’t like, then you can easily change it yourself. In other words: You don’t have to depend on other people anymore.
Incidentally, one of the most common reasons why people seem to be afraid of learning how to build websites is that they think that it will be too difficult to learn.
Let me tell you now: Technology has made engaging in the online platform a lot easier. Website building doesn’t have to be expensive—and you don’t have to be technical in order to make things work.
Platforms such as WordPress have made it easier for non-technical, non-creative users to start building websites. There are various tools available for you, ranging from custom and premium themes and many others. Again, all you need to do is just take the time to learn.
So, do you want to know what the 3 common myths and misconceptions about website building are? Tune in…
Highlights and Takeaways Mentioned in this Episode:
- The main reasons why you should consider building your website yourself.
- How (through the proper strategies and tools) you’ll be able to build your own website, without having to spend a ton of money—and even if you don’t have any technical skills.
- Learn why using “premium themes” is sometimes better than doing custom themes.
- How to make a website that will fit within your specific time frame and budget.
- The advantages of using WordPress as your website building platform (CMS).
- The common myths about website building, and why they really aren’t as accurate as claimed.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Studio Press ~ Premium WordPress Theme
- WordPress 101 Workshop ~ MD training to build your own WordPress site
- WordPress ~ Free CMS (Content Management System)
In the Examination Room, we’ll be talking about an old English Proverb that I thought would be quite applicable to the topic at hand:
“A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.”
For me, this simply means we will never get better unless we run into problems. As it is, we should not be afraid of encountering issues or complications, as these are all part of the journey to success. Instead of running away, we should instead empower ourselves with the needed knowledge and skills, in order to turn each opportunity into actual advantages. This will ultimately make us better, more successful entrepreneurs.
The Measurement Doctor Podcast is on iTunes too:
- Did you like this episode – please leave us a Podcast Review on iTunes
- Haven’t subscribed to the Podcast yet – you can subscribe on iTunes or via RSS
- You can also find us on Stitcher
Ok so now it’s our turn, do you think it’s possible to build a website yourself (even if you aren’t a technical person)? What would be its advantages or disadvantages, if any? Please let us know by sharing your insights in the comments section below…