What’s In-Store for You:
Are you covered… insurance wise that is – and more specifically is your Business covered? We wanted to know, and might I say – we got more than we bargained for, it was an eye opening conversation. Denise & Brad share plenty of valuable information that every Business (small – mid – even home-based) needs to be aware of!
So Why Should We Listen To Denise Vallee & Brad Fraser:
- Denise has been in the Insurance business since 1985, & has owned a Co-operators franchise since 2000.
- On her team – she has a Commercial Specialist Brad Fraser who does exclusively business insurance.
- They have been in the top producers in the company for business insurance for the past several years – winning the Top Commercial Producer the last two consecutive years!
- Denise and her associates offer a unique OnePlace For Business: everything you need to insure, protect and grow your business. OnePlace is a complete package of insurance and investment products to protect you, your small business and your employees
- Catch Denise’s corner in SNAPd where they spotlight local non profits who are making our community a better place!
- Denise is also very involved in the WBN, Chamber of Commerce and in the non-profit sector of our community. Denise is proudly on the committee for the Bras Around the Building campaign which raises hope and funds for breast cancer research.
These two really know their stuff when it comes to Insurance… and they’re a strong force to be reckoned with in the community too. Have a listen and let us know if you learned a thing or two about Business Insurance (what you should have or should be thinking about having)!
Highlights and Takeaways Mentioned in this Episode:
We put Denise & Brad in the hot seat – asking them extensively about what businesses need to consider in meeting their insurance needs, what they need to have, and what they shouldn’t skimp on.
Here’s a few things that we asked:
- Although you offer many insurance products – let’s focus on Insurance for Small Businesses & Entrepreneurs… what types of Business Insurance should the majority of businesses be aware of and/or should be considering?
- Is there insurance unique to home operated small businesses & solopreneurs?
- With technology being a large cost now for every business (computers, smartphones, etc), is there additional due diligence a business should be communicating about this equipment to its insurer?
- What are 2 to 3 common mistakes you see entrepreneurs making in deciding on Business Insurance for their organizations?
Our Goal was to provide you with a better understanding of your insurance needs, and to better gage if you and your business are covered with the right Business Insurance plans – How did we do?
Do you and your business currently deal with an Insurance Broker or an Insurance Agent for your insurance needs (did you know there was a difference between a Broker and an Agent)?
- Denise Vallee & Associates Inc. – Phone: (705) 749-2667
- Peterborough Chamber Of Commerce
- OnePlace For Business (Insure, Protect & Build Your Business in OnePlace)
- SNAPd Peterborough (watch for Denise’s Corner in SNAPd)
- Connect with Denise Vallee – Email – LinkedIn – Facebook – Twitter (@)
- Connect with Brad Fraser – Email – LinkedIn –
One of our favourite parts of the show is of course the “Examination Room”, and it’s not something that we tell our guests about… we just kind of spring it on them! The answers that are given – when you have to think on the spot are awesome – and I love that everyone’s interpretation can be different.
Our quote today is by Jimmy Dean – you’re going to get four takes on this quote, and we’d like for you to share your view too, so leave us a comment below.
“I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
To see this quote along with other Inspiring & Motivating Quotes like this – head over to the ‘Empower Inspire Motivate’ Facebook page. Or just go to measurementdoctor.com/inspire
The Measurement Doctor Podcast is on iTunes too:
- Did you like this episode – please leave us a Podcast Review on iTunes
- Haven’t subscribed to the Podcast yet – you can subscribe on iTunes or via RSS
- You can also find us on Stitcher