In this episode, we interview Peterborough Chamber of Commerce President Stuart Harrison on the chamber and benefits for your business to join.
In this episode, Lorie and George interview Stuart Harrison from the Greater Peterborough Chamber of Commerce and help discover; is the Chamber of Commerce still relevant in today’s technology based world.
What’s In-Store for You:
This episode is longer than last week’s, but definitely worth listening to, right through to the very end. It’s chalked full of valuable information, that Mr. Harrison shares openly and freely – it’s yours for the taking – you just need to give a listen.
Here’s a few great reasons to tune in to todays Guest Stuart Harrison:
- He’s President and CEO, of the Greater Peterborough Chamber of Commerce for the past 11 years
- 13 Years as Small Business Owner.
- 10 Years in Media Management Promotion and Marketing
- 10 Years in Radio
- Recipient of the 2009 Executive of the Year from the Chamber of Commerce Executives of Canada.
- Recipient of the 2012 James Gordon Carnegie Memorial Award from the Chamber Executives of Ontario for outstanding service as a leader and mentor.
- Recipient of the 2013 Burnie Gillespie Memorial Award from the Ontario Chamber of Commerce for Chamber Leadership.
- 2014 Peterborough Pathway of Fame inductee for Literary/Media
Hmm… You think he might know a thing or two about Business? Stu was a pleasure to chat with, very down to earth, and passionate about what he does. Have a listen and let us know what you think.
Highlights and Takeaways Mentioned in this Episode:
We asked Stu several questions – some specifically about the Chamber Of Commerce Memberships and others geared towards Businesses in today’s technology based world. It’s not all about Networking!
Here’s a few things that we asked:
- Why do I want to be a member of the Chamber of Commerce & What are some of the benefits or tools that as a member I should be aware of?
- What kind of value does the Chamber of Commerce bring to Businesses within the Community?
- With the push to online, and social media networking, is the concept of the Chamber Of Commerce still relevant to todays Businesses?
- As a person on the inside, who’s fully aware of all of the programs, what do you feel are 2 or 3 of the most untapped resources, that you wish more Businesses would tap into?
Pull out 3 pieces of paper, because Stu has some Actionable advice for you that will change your business dramatically. Write down the following 3 words (one at the top of each page): Market – Message – Media (tune in and listen to what Stu wants you to do).
Our Goal was to provide you with a better understanding about the Chamber of Commerce Memberships, and how your business may benefit from such an organization. How did we do?
Do you and your business currently take advantage of memberships and benefits offered by your local or regional Chamber Of Commerce? We’d like to hear from you – tell us how such memberships have helped you and your Business grow in your community. And if you’re not a Chamber Of Commerce Member – has this interview changed your mind?
- Peterborough Chamber Of Commerce – Ontario Chamber Of Commerce – Canadian Chamber Of Commerce
- Peterborough Chamber Business 911 (highlighting issues affecting the business community in Peterborough & Surrounding area)
- Stu Harrison’s Weekly Column/TV piece titled “The Business Beat“. It’s all about business news in the Peterborough area that he deems Newsy.
- Connect with Stu & Peterborough Chamber on Twitter – @ – s@PtboChamber & Facebook
- Submit a Quote for the Examination Room for a future Podcast episode.
Today we put Stu in the hot seat (so to speak) – as he had no warning that this was part of the Podcast Interview preparation.
Our quote today is by Mark Twain, have a listen to Stu’s insightful take on this quote – he was first up.
Are you “following the Lemmings over the cliff”?
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.” ~ Mark Twain
To see this quote along with other Inspiring & Motivating Quotes like this – head over to the ‘Empower Inspire Motivate’ Facebook page. Or just go to measurementdoctor.com/inspire
ATTENTION… We’ve Got Video For You:
We’re trying something new here. For this Podcast episode (and some other’s in the pipeline) – we recorded the Podcast with a video version too (for those listeners, who’d like to watch instead of just listen). Let us know what you think – Do we continue with video recordings – or do we just stick to the Audio?
Thanks for joining us this week. Do you have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave us a note in the comment section below! And if you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
The Measurement Doctor Podcast is on iTunes:
- Did you like this episode – please leave us a Podcast Review on iTunes
- Haven’t subscribed to the Podcast yet – you can subscribe on iTunes or via RSS
You can also find us on Stitcher