Content creation is something that tends to be an ongoing challenge for many reasons, and for most entrepreneurs too. Whether it’s understanding the purpose of your content, coming up with new ideas, or simply getting more disciplined about the practice of writing and getting results, this episode is geared towards helping you achieve your content creation goals.
What’s in-store for you:
In this episode we dive into the strategy of “content creation”. Lorie reveals her new challenge of creating content consistently and timely on her new blog and we attack this challenge head on by sharing some strategies you can take to improve your process for creating content consistently.
If you enjoyed this episode, then let us know by sharing and leaving us a comment below.
Links & Takeaways Mentioned in the Episode:
- 5-Step process to better content creation
- #1 Define and record your writing purpose ~ why are you writing!
- #2 Limit your topic ideas to 3 to 5 at a time
- #3 Free write your points to 1 of the selected ideas for 15 minutes – See episode MD007 on Free Writing
- #4 With an established structure start writing and limit your time
- #5 Schedule time to write with consistent and regular frequency
- Great writing and research app Evernote App
- Lorie Gill’s Blog
- Empower Inspire Motivate FaceBook Page
The Examination Room
In the Examination Room, we’ll be discussing a quote from Dr. Seuss —which states:
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those that matter don’t mind.”
This is a great quote and is completely in-line with our topic of creating content. For Lorie, it fires her up! You got something to say, say it! Loving Dr. Seuss
For George it speaks loud and clear…stop trying to please everyone, for if you try – you’ll end up connecting with no one.
Ok – it’s your turn, what’s the quote mean to you… weigh in below on your thoughts.
The Measurement Doctor Podcast is on iTunes too:
- Did you like this episode – please leave us a Podcast Review on iTunes
- Haven’t subscribed to the Podcast yet – you can subscribe on iTunes or via RSS
- You can also find us on Stitcher
Do you have something to add regarding this topic? If so, don’t hesitate to share your opinion and views—and let’s have a discussion in the comments section below.