2015 is almost here!
In this episode, we’ll be discussing about how you can welcome the New Year with a better, more successful version of you. In short: We’ll teach you about how you can make 2015 a better year.
What’s in Store for You:
New Year resolutions—as cliché as they may sound—can actually be a great motivational method for making yourself even better.
Personally though, I prefer to call resolutions as “goal setting.” And as you may already know, setting goals is an essential aspect to success.
Of course, we can always try to be better whatever day of the year it may be. For some reason however, a lot of people seem to take the New Year as the perfect opportunity to do the needed adjustments and “resolutions” to be better. And you know what? That’s not really a bad idea.
So, how can we make 2015 a better year? How do we turn possibilities into actual, tangible realities?
Well, firstly, you need to gain confidence. Confidence is actually the muscle of goal setting. If you want to succeed, you must make sure that your confidence is higher than your insecurities.
Remember: Confidence is what will motivate you to take the necessary steps to success. And you don’t have to take big leaps all the time. Taking baby steps can also be a good way to reach your goals, regardless of how small or big they may be.
Let me share another thing with you: Children are among the best goal setters there is. Why? Because they immediately take action. Once they see something they want—they’ll do what it takes to get it. So, if you have goals, do what needs to be done to achieve it. You have the power to succeed—regardless of the date or circumstance. Just be confident about it.
Highlights & Takeaways Mentioned in this Episode
There is a Four (4) Step Process for Personal Growth and Goal Setting that I like to use. Accordingly, these steps are designed to decrease insecurities, increase your confidence and maximize your potential for success.
Here are some of the things you can learn from this podcast episode:
- Why wishes are significantly different from goals (and vice versa).
- Strategies on how you can set goals that you can actually achieve—at a definite time.
- How you can “reverse engineer” your goal setting process, in order to build momentum, increase your confidence muscle and take the necessary action steps to become even better at what you do.
- How and why you should “measure” your goals, in order to have a clearer picture of your desired outcome—and to make sure that you are taking concrete steps for reaching goals (and not just mere wishes).
- Ways to refine your personal and career development strategies, through the process of “refinement.”
- How failure/s could motivate you into achieving bigger successes.
The Examination Room
Today, we’ll be discussing a very famous line from a brand that all of us know: “Just Do It” by Nike.
Yes, succeeding won’t be easy. However, it shouldn’t be that difficult as well. You just need to find the proper strategies that can help boost your confidence and turn you into a much better version.
Remember: The worst thing that you could do is to back off from challenges. Don’t be afraid to take the necessary steps.
“Measure” the risks, advantages and your strategies—and everything will be fine. And though there’s a big chance we won’t win all the time, failing (as I mentioned earlier) will eventually help us become better.
The Measurement Doctor Podcast is on iTunes too:
- Did you like this episode – please leave us a Podcast Review on iTunes
- Haven’t subscribed to the Podcast yet – you can subscribe on iTunes or via RSS
- You can also find us on Stitcher
Ok so now it’s our turn, what are you planning to do differently in 2015 to make it the best year ever? Let me know your thoughts below…