What’s In-Store for You:
Being Entrepreneurs & in Business for ourselves, we wanted to know more about what we should be expecting from our Accountant on a Business level. Okay – we know what you’re thinking… Accounting can be a bit of a dry topic, but not to worry – because Gwyneth shares plenty of valuable information that every Business really needs to be aware of!
Why Did We Interview Gwyneth James MBA CPA, CGA:
- Gwyneth worked for several years providing management and financial consulting to a variety of corporate clients before acquiring TCP Accounting in 2009.
- Gwyneth brought on a partner and together they rebranded to the present Cody & James Chartered Professional Accountants.
- She is a strong believer in giving back to the community; Gwyneth volunteers her time with many local charitable organizations including the Peterborough Community Futures Development Corporation, Women’s Business Network, and Peterborough Theatre Guild.
- Gwyneth and her partner, Suzanne Cody, have grown their firm into an important resource for any small business owner in the Kawarthas. They add a friendly dose of advice and guidance to the staple services of accounting, taxes, bookkeeping and payroll.
- Gwyneth also has a financial management consulting business with clients in the public sector. She is passionate about the community and has served on several non-profit boards.
- Gwyneth is a member of several Business Groups in her area, including the Chamber Of Commerce.
Gwyneth really knows her stuff when it comes to Accounting & Business Taxes and she has an Entrepreneurial mindset too… So have a listen and let us know if you learned a few tips about Accounting for your Business!
Highlights and Takeaways Mentioned in this Episode:
We put Gwyneth in the hot seat – asking her extensively about what businesses need to consider in hiring an Accountant, and what their business accounting needs might be.
Here’s a few things that we asked:
- At what point am I big enough to hire an Accountant for my Business and why?
- What should I expect from my Accountant?
- As Entrepreneurs – we take risks. Often times Entrepreneurs (that we speak with) feel that their Accountant is too conservative, and therefore they tend not to involve them in some of their Business Planning stages. Talk to us about this…
Our Goal was to provide you with a better understanding as to when to bring an Accountant on board, and how your Accountant can be an added resource for your Business Planning – How did we do?
Do you and your business currently have an Accountant that you rely on for more than just the basics?
- Cody & James Chartered Professional Accountants Professional Corporation
- Gwyneth is an Entrepreneur too. Her other business is Silverthorn Management Consulting Inc.
- How can you connect with Gwyneth: email@example.com
W: (705) 876-6011 C: (705) 875-2748
- Quickbooks Online – Accounting Software Solution
- Evernote – ScanSnap
Are you ready for the “Examination Room”? We’ve picked a fitting quote for our guest today … we just kind of sprung it on her with no warning (watch her reaction).
Our quote today is by Colin Powell –
“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” — Colin Powell
To see this quote along with other Inspiring & Motivating Quotes like this – head over to the ‘Empower Inspire Motivate’ Facebook page. Or just go to measurementdoctor.com/inspire
ATTENTION… We’ve Got Another Video For You:
Here’s another Podcast episode that we recorded with a video version (for those listeners, who’d like to watch instead of just listen).
Please accept our apologies – unfortunately it appears that the audio quality in portions of this video are not of our normal standards (we are working on fixing this issue). The Audio Podcast version (at the top of this post & also linked below) is of excellent quality for listening – we thank you for tuning in.
Let us know what you think – We kind of flip back and forth on continuing with the videos, but truth be told – they’re kind of fun. SO… Let us hear your thoughts on this – Do we continue with video recordings – or do we just stick to the Audio Podcasts?
The Measurement Doctor Podcast is on iTunes too:
- Did you like this episode – please leave us a Podcast Review on iTunes
- Haven’t subscribed to the Podcast yet – you can subscribe on iTunes or via RSS
- You can also find us on Stitcher