What’s in-store for you:
In this episode, you’ll experience my interviewing skills (yup, we do interviews too). I’ll be chatting with Larendee Roos, a successful consulting expert who has been offering her expertise in her own business since 2003. Larendee is the founder of Roos Consulting, you may have heard her tag line before – “The one to call when your backs against the wall”. Larendee and I will be discussing the various aspects of business consulting and executive advising, and how an outside perspective can assist you in carefully measuring your business—consequently helping you maximize your potential benefits, while minimizing undue risks. During our chat, Larendee will share some of her wisdom, expertise and experiences in business, with the aim of educating start-up and established entrepreneurs on how to properly proceed with their respective business paths.
Links – Highlights & Takeaways:
- Learn more about Larendee Roos, and how she climbed the Entrepreneurial ladder from being a receptionist into a very successful career woman and entrepreneur, then just check out her website @ http://roosconsulting.com/. She’s also on LinkedIn – Twitter & Facebook.
- Finding the right people can help turn your business into a more productive and successful one. It’s so key—but how do you go about finding and attracting the right types of people your organization, for building your business “dream team”?
- Customer acquisition and retention, although quite important in itself, is part of an even bigger puzzle.
- Determine what your market and clients value, such as their personal and professional goals (the results they’re aiming for)—and utilize that knowledge to your advantage.
- Having an accountability system can lead to significant improvements in various aspects of business—ranging from recruitment, sales, operations and so much more.
- Understand and determine the “base metrics” of your business, it will give you a starting point, so you can prioritize your focus, dedication and commitment for future growth.
- “Measure your Treasures,” in order to build your team and to grow your business to better heights.
- Knowing when and how to find the right consulting firm is important, it’s just as important as the reasons why having a proper feasibility study is a smart business investment.
- Unbiased, objective points of view can add huge value to your business.
- Effectively motivating yourself and your team, aligns your team, thus making your business even better.
The Examination Room
In the examination room, we discuss a quote from J. Abraham—an American business executive, conference speaker, author and frankly one of the greatest business and marketing minds of all time CLICK HERE to submit a quote for future examination!
According to Mr. Abraham, “You are surrounded by simple, obvious solutions that can dramatically increase your income, power, influence and success. The problem is you just don’t see them.”
In my opinion, what he’s saying here is that it’s important to find people who can—without bias—give you an objective point of view about your business, and your life in general. By taking your blinders off and reaching out for an outside perspective, you’re more likely to break away from the barriers that may be limiting your business, consequently allowing you to see and seize new opportunities that come your way. Incidentally, these are some of the advantages of hiring consultants/advisors—and “measuring” your business.
In this episode, you’ll also learn that:
As entrepreneurs, we also need to be effective leaders. The rise and fall of your business (regardless of what it may be) will depend on how effective you are in interacting and handling your team, your endeavours and your clients. As it is, we need to continually find ways of improving our leadership skills. It’s also our duty to understand the all different aspects and parts of our business, including the “culture” of our organization. More importantly, we need to be “authentic leaders” that have the skills to bring our respective businesses to where we want it to be. Once we are able to achieve that—then we have nowhere else to go but up.
The Measurement Doctor Podcast is on iTunes:
- Did you like this episode – then please leave us a Podcast Review on iTunes
- Haven’t subscribed to the Podcast yet – you can subscribe on iTunes or via RSS
Now it’s your turn! Do you have something else to share regarding this topic? If so, don’t hesitate to give your opinion and views—and let’s have a discussion in the comments section below.