Are you in a hurry to get things done? Do you desire to be more than you are, and achieve more than you’ve already achieved?
If this sounds like you (as it does of many), one of the best strategies you can implement on your path to a successful life, is to be surrounding yourself with positive people, and great Mentors.
In today’s episode we travel down the path to great mentorship.
What’s in-store for you:
Diving into this podcast episode, Lorie and I duel it out in defining what mentorship means to us, and our unique ways of employing mentors. I also reveal a few chip’s on my shoulder that I had to overcome to truly benefit from mentorship.
We identify 4 great tips to improving the benefits you can achieve from mentors.
Links & Takeaways Mentioned in the Episode: Mentorship Benefits
- Tip #1 Actively seek out Mentors, lots of Mentors (this is not a case where less is more)
- Tip #2 Mentors come in many flavours so to speak (1 on 1, Books, Speakers)
- Tip #3 Filter. Mentors are not Gods, you must filter and be true to yourself
- Tip #4 Never stop growing your list of Mentors – It’s a life long process
- Empower Inspire Motivate FaceBook Page – Great Quotes!
The Examination Room
In the Examination Room, we’ll be discussing a quote from one of my favourites Albert Einstein —which states:
“We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we did when we created them!”
Now this is definitely a quote that segways into our podcast topic today. In order to think differently than we currently are, often takes monumental events. Save yourself the need for life shocking changes, and use mentorship to help you think and grow differently.
The Measurement Doctor Podcast is on iTunes too:
- Did you like this episode – please leave us a Podcast Review on iTunes
- Haven’t subscribed to the Podcast yet – you can subscribe on iTunes or via RSS
- You can also find us on Stitcher
Ok so now it’s our turn… how do you feel about mentorship? Who are some of your great Mentors and WHY?